Monday, May 24, 2010

Some Conceptualization


First I want to get something out of the way. The abbreviation COG (which here stands for Customizable Operations Gear) has nothing to do with Gears of War, nor has it been inspired by the game. It was simply a coincidence. Now, onto the design.
When I sat down with our artist Johan Fredriksson to discuss my vision he was quite happy with me wanting to stay away from bulkiness when it came to the design of the armor. C&D Is played out in a high-tech world some six hundred years from now, but I wanted It to be gritty as well as sleek. So the COG was born.
Players will probably care as much about their COGs as for their avatars (characters).  The nano-integrated suit comes in nine models with approximately fifty applications and two hundred upgrades available. Below you have an example of how an avatar might look and what she might carry while out and about in the big empty.  

I have also been able to continue on the starmap for the Sirius Galaxy, and it's starting to go in the right direction. A big thx goes out to NASA and ESA for providing shots of the NGC 4414 galaxy, from which I used some nebulas for increased density in the new Sirius design.
 

No comments: